How to Stay Motivated and Productive This Summer
6 resources you can use to help you get the most out of this summer
If you're feeling like you'd rather be anywhere but working right now, you're not alone. Many of us -- even those of us who love what we do -- find that it's really hard to be productive during the summer.
So, it's not surprising that we get a lot of questions asking for advice on how to stay motivated and productive during the summer months.
It can be very difficult to be productive when your employees, independent contractors or co-workers are on vacation and you're either picking up their slack, or, the project you're working on is stalled.
Plus, many parents lament that it's hard for them to stay focused during the summer when their kids are out of school.
We found 6 good resources on how to leverage the summer months to your advantage. If nothing else, be sure you check out #6.
1. Start by checking out "13 Tips to Stay Motivated in the Dog Days of Summer." It includes some truly excellent advice.
2. We'd like to direct all the workaholics to this article "Thinking of Skipping Your Vacation This Summer? Think Again."
We can tell you from experience that you need time off -- don't make the huge mistake of thinking you'll get more done if you skip taking time off.
3. Take a minute to read this article "8 Tips for Boosting Productivity at Work This summer." You'll find some insights to help you avoid the mistakes many people make.
4. From an HR perspective, this article "Top 10 ways to motivate your employees this summer" provides some fun ideas to keep employees motivated. The investment you make motivating your employees now while the office pace is slower than usual, will pay off long after summer is gone.
5. Kate Roger's article "How to Stay Productive at Work During Summer" has an interesting point about using this slower-paced time period to connect with others and build camaraderie.
6. And if you only have time to read one article, check out this list of "8 Life Changing Tips To Make You More Successful" by Allan Gardyne. We've known Allan forever, and although these ideas are not specific to summer, they are a great place to focus to supercharge your success and productivity this summer.
We'd love to hear your perspective on how to stay productive and focused during the summer months. Please share your comments below.